Breathe’s got you covered. Get ready to meet Chloe Pereira, Breathe’s fresh legal guru and employment law partner in their upcoming webinar, Employment law: this year’s highlights and what’s coming up in 2024. On Thursday November 30, they’ll be diving into all the juicy updates and shifts in employment law that have been shaping up this year. Along with Wendy Read, CEO & founder of HR Revolution, they’ll also be discussing what’s coming up in 2024.
We get it, keeping up with all the legal jargon and changes in employment law, especially if you’re running an SME business, can be a real head-spinner. There’s a whirlwind of bills zipping through parliament, and knowing what’s what and when things become new law, particularly in the world of work, can be a real puzzle.
But don’t fret. Breathe’s got the experts on hand to help. Chloe Pereira, the legal director at Outset, and Wendy Read, a dynamo HR expert and brilliant advocate for shaping cultures that focus on people, are here to guide you through the changes and updates of legislation, as well as serve up some HR wisdom you can put right into action.
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s on the agenda:
2023 Recap: navigating the changes
- EU Laws: What’s the latest? In this webinar, Breathe will break down the current state of EU laws and how they might affect your day-to-day. With Brexit and ongoing negotiations, understanding this landscape is more crucial than ever.
- Cracking the Code on the Protection from Redundancy (Pregnancy and Family Leave) Act 2023 – find out the latest updates and why it’s crucial to keep your eyes peeled. There will practical advice and tips for what you need to do moving forwards.
- Decoding Strike Action: what’s Legal and what’s not – get the lowdown on the legal ins and outs of strikes and what rights you have as an employer. The speakers will go through this thoroughly to ensure you’re well-prepared for what lies ahead.
Looking Ahead to 2024: what’s coming up?
- Gearing up for the Employment Relations (Flexible Working) Act 2023 – get a jump on summer 2024 with the need-to-know on this act. The webinar team will share what’s going on and examples and talk about how you can go about implementing flexible working arrangements.
- The buzz on the workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Act 2023 – stay in the loop with the freshest updates and get familiar with Acas new code of practice. We’ll run through this closely to help prepare you for what’s to come.
- Stepping into the Carer’s Leave Act 2023 and prepping for April 2024. During this webinar, the panelists will lay out the essential steps for how to get ready for the changes. This could include creating policies, training your team, and setting up support systems.
And guess what? At the end of the webinar, the team will be spicing things up with a live Q&A session, where you can ask our panelists with all your burning questions.
So, mark your calendars for this enlightening session, where Breathe dissect the game-changing shifts in employment law from this last year and give you the intel for what’s coming up for 2024. And remember, this whole webinar is brought to you by the awesome folks over at Breathe, the wizards behind HR solutions that make your life a whole lot easier. They can’t wait to see you there. Register for free
This article comes courtesy of Breathe, who offer simple & cost-effective software that makes it super-easy to manage up to 200 employees.’