At Channel Edge Media, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect personal information about our subscribers, advertisers and people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, including third parties, and how we keep it secure.
For further information,
WHO ARE WE?
The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says we have to give you certain details as a 'data controller'.
We’re Channel Edge Media Ltd (company reg: 09618244), the company behind Elite Global, the multichannel platform for high-growth SMEs. We provide content via our quarterly publication (online and offline), on our website (www.eliteglobalmagazine.co.uk) and via direct e-Communications to our subscribers. We also offer advertising opportunities to brands looking to connect with small business owners.
Channel Edge Media Ltd comprises of Elite Business, Elite Global, Elite Franchise and Printing.com (Chelmsford City). The trading address
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain your details when you use our website, for example, when you download the latest edition of our magazine, contact us about our products/services or if you subscribe to Elite Global and/or our weekly e-Newsletter. We also may collect your details upon meeting at an event, or within a phone call.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The personal data we collect from you may
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may use your information to:
- Complete any subscription requests to Elite Global
- Complete any advertising requests on Elite Global
- Complete any press release requests on Elite Global
- Send you relevant content updates that you have requested, and may be of interest to you
- Send you relevant products/services that you have requested, and may be of interest to you
- Invite you to an event that you have requested, and may be of interest to you
- Seek your views/comments on the services that we provide
- Request that you update your preferences
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Process a job application
- Process a comment on our content
If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you. If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CAN THIRD PARTIES ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, nor will we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may occasionally send e-Communications to you, or advertise third parties services via our own website, e-Communications or magazines however your details are not then shared.
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
When you subscribe to Elite Global, providing you are requiring a paid subscription, your payment is processed by a secure payment provider. If you have any questions regarding our provider, PayPal, please contact us.
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Data is owned by Channel Edge Media Ltd and kept securely. In the instance that Channel Edge Media Ltd was to be sold in its entirety or by individual asset, merged with another company, was legally required to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or
CONSENT AND UPDATING YOUR PREFERENCES
If for a secondary reason, for
the yourchoices by ticking the relevant boxes when you subscribe (online, by phone or at an event)
- Visiting our preference centre and updating your profile
- By phone: 0124 567 3700
- By writing to us: FAO: Compliance Officer, Channel Edge Media, Regency House, 16 Victoria Road, Chelmsford CM1 1NZ
With your consent, we may send you emails about our content, products, or services that could be of interest to you. We use Dotmailer as our email marketing platform to communicate with our subscribers and advertisers. Dotmailer offers a double opt-in service and full visibility of any of your information used by this service and the option to unsubscribe at any time which will delete any of your personal data.
We will only hold your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described in this policy and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct an [annual] review to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data. Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it. We offer withdrawal of consent and deletion of your data at any time upon your request.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that Channel Edge Media Ltd
USE OF ‘COOKIES’
We only use anonymous cookies, which means that our cookies are not collecting any information that would allow you to be identified personally. We collect data about your browsing behaviour/patterns to enable us to improve our website and provide you with more content that could be of interest to you.
If you’d rather that our site and others didn’t enable cookies, you can disable them. There are a number of ways that you can do this,
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THEIR PRIVACY STATEMENTS
Our payment provider along with other
When you click on links from our website they may redirect you away from www.eliteglobalmagazine.co.uk. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and would encourage you to read their privacy statements.
16 OR UNDER AND PARENTAL GUIDANCE
We would recommend that any user of our website and/or subscriber is of a minimum age of 16 in order to find the content and services of interest.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before sharing any personal data or information with Channel Edge Media Ltd.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
• request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
• request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
• be informed of what data processing is taking place;
• restrict processing;
• to object to
• complain to a supervisory authority.
You also have rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling as set out below.
AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING AND PROFILING
In the event that we use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on you, you have the right to challenge
The right described above does not apply in the following circumstances:
- the decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between you
- the decision is authorised by law; or
- you have given your explicit consent.
Where we use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to
enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
We keep this policy under regular review. It was last updated
We reserve the right to modify it at any time so would encourage you to regularly review it. Changes and clarifications will take immediate effect upon their posting to the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it and/or disclose it and your choices.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACTING CHANNEL EDGE MEDIA LTD